Comply with your CPD hours/points
Your registration board or professional organisation may require you to gain points or hours in a range of PD activities so please ensure you understand their requirements and use all of the opportunities that PD Health can provide to you.
At PD health we help you develop your knowledge and skills to enhance your competence through a range of online services including:
- Interactive training modules
- Interactive forums
- An online reflective practice tool
- Downloadable fact sheets and templates
- Our professional development plan template will help you to develop your annual training plan
- Your own training record of your courses undertaken
- Informative blogs
- Opportunities for authoring modules and modulating forums
- And a range of other member benefits are coming soon such as discounted textbooks, Australian Standards and equipment.
Have you ever thought about writing a training module or facilitating a forum? Well now you can, just use the "contact us" page and we would be happy to discuss any current or future opportunities with you.
Let's look at an Occupational Therapist working in Australia who purchases two e-learning module with PD health and two case studies:
- Cost for 2 hour Module: $80
- Cost for 1½ hour Module: $60
Cost for 2 x Case Studies : $40
- TOTAL: $180
Occupational Therapy Board of Australia (effective 1 July 2012) has a mandatory requirement of minimum 30 hours of CPD per year.
|PD Health activity||Occupational Therapy Board of Australia's CPD category||Maximum hours per annum that can be claimed||Hours achieved|
|Training modules - One free and four purchased||Category 1 - Formal Learning Activities||25||6-7 hours|
|Participation in forum, reading and posting on the PD Health blog||Category 2 - Informal Learning Activities
|Use of your own PD Health reflective practice journal||Category 2 - Informal Learning Activities
|Prepare and submit two case studies with trigger questions||Category 2 - Informal Learning Activities
In this example an Occupational Therapist could comply with the requirements for annual continuing professional development by undertaking the minimum hours of PD required at a cost of $170 by being an active member of PD Health.
All therapists and health professionals should ensure that their PD activities meet the objectives of their continuing professional development plan.